Friday, October 22, 2010

Have you seen a lot of little round, brown bugs lately?

I have, and I am thankful my curiosity got the better of me.  I was thinking they looked like an undeveloped ladybug, but I had never seen these before. They are relatively new, first ID'd in 2009.

Today I checked out the ultimate guru's website, Walter Reeves, and found out a little bit more about the Kudzu bug...photos and more advice here:

http://www.walterreeves.com/gardening-q-and-a/kudzu-bug-identification/

They like to live in the walls of indoor spaces, and they congregate by the thousands, so be sure you have your exterior windows and doors well sealed and caulked!

Hope you are taking advantage of this cooler weather to plant some trees and shrubs.

More timely tips coming this week as we change seasons,

Lyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use this space to post your comments. I will reply to any questions as soon as possible. You can always call me for a quicker answer! 404-985-9716